Wednesday, December 28, 2005

My Wonderful Felted Mittens

I started out in search of a great mitten pattern. The first pattern I used went horribly wrong. I checked my gauge and all was great ... until I realized how HUGE (I'm talkign Jolly Green Giant) the mitten turned out. My very sweet husband suggested that I felt the darned thing. No luck - superwash wool. Plan B - he'd wear the big ol' things. Perfect! Now he's the proud owner of red mittens.

As my mitten quest continued, I found a Fiber Trends felted mitten pattern and some delicious purple Cascade 220 yarn. The pattern was a breeze and the final results were ideal ... and very warm. Ta da!!

1 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger NYCbeauty said...

I love them. I am working on a scarf with a star pattern, a blanket with a hexagon pattern and a zipper front drop stitch sweater all at the same time. I manage to fit work and blogging in as well... somehow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home