Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I'm not dead...

OK, I officially stink at maintaining my blog. It wasn't until my friend Jen prodded me to post that I even remembered having a knitting blog. (oops!) I have been knitting, but not as much as I used to. My wrist has on strike a good chunk of the time, but that'll be fixed soon enough when I have my carpal tunnel surgery. During the time since my last post, I have created a few items. I think I made this hat prior to the last post date, but can't exactly remember when, so I'll include it just for good measure. I made this Twizzle Hat for a co-worker who was adopting a little guy from China. I knitted the same hat (different colors) a couple of years ago when she adopted her 1st son. I figured it was only fair to give her new boy a similar gift. :)



In July, I made a pair of felted slippers for our niece's 17th b-day present. Apparently, she loves them and wears them almost everywhere. Thank goodness for the leather soles I sewed on! The slippers are in her school's colors and I used Lamb's Pride worsted yarn.


I've also been working on a sweater for yours truly. It is a Knitting Pure & Simple pattern that I'm quite pleased with. My MIL is using the same pattern for a mutual friend's sweater and neither of us knew the other was doing the same sweater. I have the body and left sleeve done (although, that progress isn't seen in the picture below ... notice the knitting calendar - yeah, I'm addicted). It'll take a good chunk of blocking, in order to give the waist a more tailored fit.




1 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger fig said...

There you are! Beautiful knits! And you answered my question--no surgery yet, huh? Take care, girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home